Thursday, July 2, 2009

Visitng family and friends in Idaho










We got to go back to Idaho in June to visit our family and friends! It was so great to see everyone. Ben had to go take his orals test to finish his Masters....and he PASSED! I'm so proud of him. He now officially has his masters in business!
We got to stay with Marshall and Krista, (our super good friends who I completely forgot to get pictures of :() That was fun to see them again.
The first weekend was the Claridge family reunion. It was fun to see everyone. We got to go a bounce house, swimming, on a picnic to shoshone falls, and eat some good food. It was a great weekend.
Ben had to go back to work, so he flew out to Denver Sunday night. Quinn and I got to stay a whole extra week!
We went to IF to stay with my family. My sister Brit and her kids were all there for the week too. We fed the ducks, went to the splash park (which Quinn LOVED) and had a craft day. Matt's wife Jessica joined us for that too. It was fun.
I also sewed 2 skirts. They were my first ever and I think they turned out pretty darn good!
It was a lot of fun until we had to drive home. It's a 12 hour drive. I broke it up and stayed with my sister in Utah, and my brother in Grand Junction. Quinn did pretty good for the most part, but we were both so ready to be home after a long drive!
Ben was pretty lonely without us, and we missed him a ton too!
When Quinn first saw him, he just started laughing and wanted Ben to hold him for the next 2 days! It was so cute!!
We are glad to be home!!

3 comments:

crystal carlson said...

That's great you were able to come and visit family! Way to go on the skirts--you should post a picture of them! Looks like you guys had a great time and Quinn is such a cutie and getting so big! I'm glad you 2 survived the 12-hour drive!

Brian and Lindsay said...

I can't believe you came to Idaho and didn't even call me!! I'm sure you were pretty busy though. Glad you had fun. That is a long drive, especially with a one year old!

Valerie said...

Thats great that you got to come visit! Wish we could have seen you.