Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Quinn's first trip to Urgent Care

when Quinn is around other kids, he gets even crazier than normal. He does things he wouldn't normally do.
We were at a friends house and they were jumping off the stairs. He never does this at home. They were getting pretty daring and got to the 6 th stair.
He jumped....
He fell....
He started screaming....
I run over to help him.
He stopped crying.
He ran around the living room.
I am not worried at all.
The next morning...
He wakes up...
He takes a few steps...
He drops to the floor...
He refuses to walk on it.
He doesn't cry at all about it hurting.
Because I didn't want to be the mom that takes their kid in 3 days later to find out their leg its broken, we ran to urgent care...only to find out...
1. They are not urgent. We were there for 3 hours.
2. Nothing was broken (it was a relief)
3.the second a dr.comes into the room, he started walking on it. Go figure.
In hindsight, I should have just stayed home. Quinn drinks enough milk, we could keep an entire dairy in business just from the milk he drinks in a week. He has got to have the strongest bones ever.
If I would have thought of that sooner, I could have saved us 5o bucks!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

The Boehme Family said...

My Nolan drinks TONS of milk and has broken his leg twice - just so you know. I'm glad Quinn's wasn't broken and I'm impressed you have made it so long with no urgent care trips.

Annie said...

Wow. Fifty bucks... you must have great insurance. I think knowing would have been worth it. And all the things you listed that you learned from this experience, especially #1 made me laugh. Oh, Mel, I do miss you.