If you know me at all, then you know that my birthday is the BIGGEST day of the year! I love and look forward to it all year! For this reason, Ben hates my birthday because it stresses him out, knowing it has to be the perfect day. I know, it's not fair, but really, I get ONE day out of the whole year that is MY day. So, I take advantage of it.
When we very saw this house for the very first time, we peaked in the window and saw an island bar. I knew from that moment, that I wanted this house. It is seriously one of the main reasons we bought it. It was unfinished but that didn't matter. I have had a fantasy for a LONG time to have bead board around an island. I love the stuff and would use it all over the place if I could.
I've been bugging Ben for months to do it for me, but it just never happened.
BUT.....
knowing how much he stressed about my birthday....
I told him if he would put up bead board on my island, it could count for my birthday.
and guess what?!?!
He jumped right on top of that!! seriously...like the next week!!
He had help from a good friend and they had it done in an hour.
I painted and glazed myself
and
I
BIG
FAT
LOVE
IT!!!!
It makes the whole kitchen feel different.
I decided to do a shade darker green than my walls so it really stands out, but matches well with the rest of the kitchen. The glaze ties in with the cabinets. It just pulls everything together!
So, Ben can wipe the sweat off his brow and just take me out to dinner this year. sans children of course.
(now he can just start planning for next year!!)
When we very saw this house for the very first time, we peaked in the window and saw an island bar. I knew from that moment, that I wanted this house. It is seriously one of the main reasons we bought it. It was unfinished but that didn't matter. I have had a fantasy for a LONG time to have bead board around an island. I love the stuff and would use it all over the place if I could.
I've been bugging Ben for months to do it for me, but it just never happened.
BUT.....
knowing how much he stressed about my birthday....
I told him if he would put up bead board on my island, it could count for my birthday.
and guess what?!?!
He jumped right on top of that!! seriously...like the next week!!
He had help from a good friend and they had it done in an hour.
I painted and glazed myself
and
I
BIG
FAT
LOVE
IT!!!!
It makes the whole kitchen feel different.
I decided to do a shade darker green than my walls so it really stands out, but matches well with the rest of the kitchen. The glaze ties in with the cabinets. It just pulls everything together!
So, Ben can wipe the sweat off his brow and just take me out to dinner this year. sans children of course.
(now he can just start planning for next year!!)


8 comments:
It looks great! And I totally get the birthday thing. And the island in the kitchen being the selling point. Ha. Have a great birthday.
FABULOUS, Mel!! I love beadboard, too, and you seriously did a wonderful job on it!!
I love it! Good call on the green! You are so talented!
I'm so ver jealous of your kitchen. Mine is probably half that size. I love the bead board too. Hope you had a great birthday!
Yay! I have been waiting! I hope you had an awesome birthday! Wish I was there to celebrate! :)
Beautiful!!! Happy birthday to you!
Love it and love you :)
I love bead board too. I have put it in both of my kids bedrooms, and the turned out so cute. I love your cabinets. How did you do the glaze on them. Im thinking of doing my kitchen cabinets white or black. I love how yours looks with the glaze on them.
Post a Comment