Thursday, September 18, 2008

Google Reader...saved my life

Ok not really, but if anything it has saved me a ton of time! If you are like me, you probably have a whole list of blogs you like to check every day or every now and then. I had my list bookmarked and would go down the list every other day or so. It would take time to check every single one because I didn't know if they had been updated or not. Then Marshall told me about google reader! You put the addresses in of all the blogs you like to check. Then you just log in to google reader and it will tell you who has updated their blogs! So you aren't wasting time checking blogs that haven't been updated! Seriously, sooo nice!!
www.google.com/reader

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Google Reader is awesome isn't it!! A total life saver...
Quinn is really cute too.

crystal carlson said...

That's an awesome idea Mel--I just might have to try that, thanks for the idea!

Valerie said...

I use this too, it's so awesome. saves me tons of time. The only thing I don't like is that it can't check private blogs for you, so you still have to check those ones manually.

DrewAnn said...

I had the same experiance as you a while back. I love Google Reader too. The only thing I hate is now is that since it's so easy to check them I'm subscribed to WAY too many blogs, and thus spent far too much time reading blogs!!

The Boehme Family said...

Blogger has also added a sidebar that will essentially do the same thing except for your private blogs. BUT, then EVERYONE can see the blogs you check. I think I might try out the google reader. Thanks!

Kate Call said...

i'm doing it immediately!! what a great idea.. and speaking of updating blogs.. you better not make me wait near as long between you posting stuff.. i know you and ben have stuff going... don't be holding out of me!!

Brenbren said...

That's sweet! I am so going to do that!