Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's about time!!!



I have pretty much been signing to Quinn since he was born. I would sign MILK or EAT or MORE. I know he would understand it because he would get excited, but he would NEVER do it himself. I've been kind of bummed. Maybe it's because I'm a sign language interpreter. I feel like Quinn should for sure be able to sign.
Anyway, I never gave up. For the most part, Quinn would just stare at me like I was a moron. But over the last few days he's finally mastered MORE and today he said MORE PLEASE!! It's SUPER cute and I'm SUPER excited! After he signed PLEASE, I thought I would try THANK YOU! and he picked it right up! He opens his mouth really big and then does the sign. Seriously the cutest thing ever!!




7 comments:

Ashley said...

That's really cute mel, CONGRATS!

Julie said...

hooray! Isn't that just the greatest thing ever. I did the same thing with Lexi and she still uses some of it today.

Chelsi said...

That's so fun! It makes all that hard worth it when they finally respond back. Congrats!

kelly ferg said...

I had no idea you were a MK consultant, congrats but why didn't you sign up under me? :) JK Love the products and having them on hand!

crystal carlson said...

YAY! Your hard work is paying off! I'm sure you were so proud! It's always nice to know that they listen to us at least some of the time :)

Camille said...

Ah, sign language is the BEST for little kids! I remember the same frustration with my kids. It takes a good long time for them to pick it up, but once they do, it sure makes for an easier baby!

Rebecca Hill said...

Melanie, that little Quinn is so cottin-pickin cute. I miss him so much. I always knew he would be brilliant. You are a great mom. I miss you and Ben, too.