Here he is! We are so glad he is finally here. I'm sure you are all DYING to know the details. So, here you go.
I went to the doctor on the 24th and she told me I still probably had a week left. Meaning I would be overdue AGAIN! I wasn't to excited about that. I went to bed and woke up about 2 am feeling crampish. I didn't really think too much of it though. I tried to go back to sleep. I woke up several more times during the night whenever the "cramps" hit. I finally woke up at 5:30 and told Ben that I was having contractions. He asked if he should get ready and go to work. I thought because the contractions were so light and didn't hurt at all that we would have a while before anything big happened. So I told him he should just go and I would get everything ready and call when I needed him.
I got out of bed at 6 and started getting things ready for Quinn and my bag ready. Well, being up and moving around really started to get thing moving. By 7, the contractions started getting quite a bit harder. Ben was just about to walk out the door, and at the last second, I told him he better just stay. I didn't really want to be alone. I called my friend Valle who offered to come get Quinn. I told her if she got there by 9 that would be plenty of time. Meanwhile the contractions are coming really hard, and I have to really concentrate to get through them. Thankfully, Valle ended up coming by 8:15. She took Quinn and left. I'm hurting pretty bad at this point. Ben is running around the house getting things together. I'm laying over my ball and everytime a contraction would hit, Ben would stop running and rub my lower back. When I think about it now, it's kind of funny to picture.
At about 9, I'm thinking, "if we don't leave now, I don't know if we will make it to the hospital" It's a 20 minute drive with no traffic. Ben is still running around, and finally I just say "we have to go NOW!!" It was 9:15ish.
I think that 20 minute drive was the longest 20 minutes of my life. Luckily we hit every green light and made good time. I sat in the back and just groaned the whole way. (I guess I should mention that my intent was to go natural.) When we got to the hospital to check in they made us sign all these papers. Meanwhile I am dying every 2 minutes or so. It was kind of annoying. It took the labor and delivery nurse 10 mintues to come get me!! Seriously!?!? I was dying.
By the time we got upstairs and dressed in the gown, I was already an 8. My doctor walked in and she checked me again 2 minutes later and I was a 10! I started pushing and 10 minutes later he was born. 20 minutes after getting to the hospital. The nurse kept saying it was lucky my water didn't break before hand, or we would have had the baby in the car. (Can you imagine?) The water was the only thing from keeping that baby in! It was such a whirlwind experience. My doctor said I had the dream labor and delivery. about 3 hours! I'm glad it went so fast. I think it hurt much worse this time than with Quinn. I doubt I would have gone drug free if it would have lasted much longer.
Ben was glad I went so fast. He thought the 7 hours I was in labor with Quinn was too long. I'm glad I could help him out!
We are both doing really well. He has been a really good baby. I'm so thankful for that, because Quinn is handful enough!
At first Quinn could have cared less about Jace, but now that he's been home a few days, he asks to hold him and tries to share his toys. It's cute to watch.
I have one more random thought to share. I was thinking how all these people are telling me to make sure and get a lot of rest before the baby comes, because you'll need it. Really?! because when I'm sleep deprived I'm thinking, "sure glad I took that 2 hour nap 2 weeks ago. It's really coming in handy now!" Just a thought I had.
And just because I can fit into my jeans doesn't mean I should wear them.
I went to the doctor on the 24th and she told me I still probably had a week left. Meaning I would be overdue AGAIN! I wasn't to excited about that. I went to bed and woke up about 2 am feeling crampish. I didn't really think too much of it though. I tried to go back to sleep. I woke up several more times during the night whenever the "cramps" hit. I finally woke up at 5:30 and told Ben that I was having contractions. He asked if he should get ready and go to work. I thought because the contractions were so light and didn't hurt at all that we would have a while before anything big happened. So I told him he should just go and I would get everything ready and call when I needed him.
I got out of bed at 6 and started getting things ready for Quinn and my bag ready. Well, being up and moving around really started to get thing moving. By 7, the contractions started getting quite a bit harder. Ben was just about to walk out the door, and at the last second, I told him he better just stay. I didn't really want to be alone. I called my friend Valle who offered to come get Quinn. I told her if she got there by 9 that would be plenty of time. Meanwhile the contractions are coming really hard, and I have to really concentrate to get through them. Thankfully, Valle ended up coming by 8:15. She took Quinn and left. I'm hurting pretty bad at this point. Ben is running around the house getting things together. I'm laying over my ball and everytime a contraction would hit, Ben would stop running and rub my lower back. When I think about it now, it's kind of funny to picture.
At about 9, I'm thinking, "if we don't leave now, I don't know if we will make it to the hospital" It's a 20 minute drive with no traffic. Ben is still running around, and finally I just say "we have to go NOW!!" It was 9:15ish.
I think that 20 minute drive was the longest 20 minutes of my life. Luckily we hit every green light and made good time. I sat in the back and just groaned the whole way. (I guess I should mention that my intent was to go natural.) When we got to the hospital to check in they made us sign all these papers. Meanwhile I am dying every 2 minutes or so. It was kind of annoying. It took the labor and delivery nurse 10 mintues to come get me!! Seriously!?!? I was dying.
By the time we got upstairs and dressed in the gown, I was already an 8. My doctor walked in and she checked me again 2 minutes later and I was a 10! I started pushing and 10 minutes later he was born. 20 minutes after getting to the hospital. The nurse kept saying it was lucky my water didn't break before hand, or we would have had the baby in the car. (Can you imagine?) The water was the only thing from keeping that baby in! It was such a whirlwind experience. My doctor said I had the dream labor and delivery. about 3 hours! I'm glad it went so fast. I think it hurt much worse this time than with Quinn. I doubt I would have gone drug free if it would have lasted much longer.
Ben was glad I went so fast. He thought the 7 hours I was in labor with Quinn was too long. I'm glad I could help him out!
We are both doing really well. He has been a really good baby. I'm so thankful for that, because Quinn is handful enough!
At first Quinn could have cared less about Jace, but now that he's been home a few days, he asks to hold him and tries to share his toys. It's cute to watch.
I have one more random thought to share. I was thinking how all these people are telling me to make sure and get a lot of rest before the baby comes, because you'll need it. Really?! because when I'm sleep deprived I'm thinking, "sure glad I took that 2 hour nap 2 weeks ago. It's really coming in handy now!" Just a thought I had.
And just because I can fit into my jeans doesn't mean I should wear them.
Jace Victor 8lbs 4 oz 21 inches long.




11 comments:
He's a cutie! Can't decide who he looks like yet. Glad that everything went ok with the delivery and that you didn't have to deliver in the car! Congrats to you both on another cute boy!
YEAH! Baby #2! Lots of fun and lots of work. I have one suggestion that saved me with my second. Every time I nursed the baby I would have my son sit next to me and I would play with him or read him a book so he got some mommy time too!
Hey Mel, it's Adrianne. I found your blog since you told me to read it on Facebook. He is super cute. I love the name Jace. So freakin cute. He is darling. Boys are so fun! I can't imagine having a tiny baby with a toddler running around but I guess I'll have to experience that sometime soon! Good luck with everything. He is really so cute!
Congrats Ben and Mel! Don't you think that it is pretty busy with 2 little ones!?! I'm glad that your delivery went so quickly. I'm amazed that you didn't use any meds. I'm a huge fan of epidurals. Cute kids!!!
I'm glad that you made it to the hospital. Those second ones come fast. Electa only took 2 and 1/2 hours. I actually tried to get an Epideral, but I was too far along. Painful, but fast. Thank goodness! You sure make me laugh. I hope all is well, and that sometime you get to sleep.
I did laugh about your nap comment, true.... memories of sleep don't help when your tired, but I think you can only go so long when you're tired before you almost die, so it's good not to have the month or two before your delivery to put in the pot :). And your baby should sleep right before you die, at least that has been my experience...Congrats Mel, I wonder when you're telling your story if you were timing the distance and began to worry at say...3 or 4 minutes apart :). Just curious. Glad your plan was to go natural or you might have been pretty disappointed. You go!
Congrats you guys! He is a cutie! I have fast deliveries as well and that is the only way to go as far as I am concerned. No drugs and just get them out fast. Glad you are all doing well.
Hey Mel- Kerrilyn from ISU here. Congrats on the new cutie! It sounds like you guys are doing well. I am actually looking for some advice. I'm due to have a baby the first part of April--hoping to go natural. Any really great suggestions? My email is joshkerrihunt@yahoo.com
Thanks and congrats again!
-Kerrilyn
Congrats on the beautiful baby!
lol, you crack me up!! Wish I was there.
Congrats Mel! He's super cute, nice it was only 3 hours, lucky you! You look amazing, the envy of every woman who just had a baby. Best of luck!
Post a Comment