So, I bought some shirts online..as you may remember. anyway, they FINALLY showed up after about 2 weeks. and they were WAY too big. I used their sizing chart and everything to pick my size. So I had to pay $6 MORE in shipping to send them back and I think they are charging me more shipping to send me a different size!!! So, my super cheap shirts are not so cheap anymore. I haven't done a whole lot of online shopping, but is this normal? My sister thinks I should call and complain, because I used their sizing charts to pick my size and it was WAY off.
I think from now on, I better either pick the right size from the start, or get free shipping, or make them pay for return shipping.
and to top it all off....the guilt returns because it's costing way more than I thought. shhhh don't tell Ben!!!
Monday, October 20, 2008
bummer deal
Posted by Mel at 7:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Mel, this totally happens to me everytime I order clothes or shoes online--it sucks! I was so annoyed that I don't buy any clothes or shoes online anymore--which stinks because there's always awesome deals! It wouldn't hurt to call and complain though--you never know, they might refund your shipping.
oh the joys of shopping online! i have a love-hate relationship with shopping online as well! good luck, and your secret is safe with me... i know all about not wanting my husband to know all the details of shopping ;) ! even though he probably wouldn't care, i think its my own guild that doesn't want him to know!
i've decided that size is totally arbritray. it's so different between stores/brands. even with a size chart, it never seems to be what you think it will be. i've finally found a few online stores that i can get shirts from without worrying about sizes. pants and shoes -- forget it. i would call or email the customer service to complain at least about the size chart. why have it if the clothes don't match it??
Mel, I deal with people all the time that are mad about something on our site or the ordering process and we always refund their shipping and usually pay the return shipping,so I would definately call and complain. Just be nice when you call though and you are more likely to get more back from them. I would ask to not be charged shipping again too when they send the right size.
Thats sure crappy. I would complain. I complain all the time to companies for problems. I've gotten so much out of it. Be firm, don't back down too easily, but keep your calm. Works every time.
I have resorted to only buying children's clothes online - and even then it is uncertain if 2T really means 2T. I thought for sure when I was pregnant with Ethan that maternity clothes of all things would be safe to buy online (wrong), but I simply won't shop online for clothes for me or Doug. (I am super picky about clothes even in a store and will return 3/4 of everything I buy, so I have to stay away from all internet shopping!) Calling can't hurt, right?
I would call and nicely explain your circumstance, most companies are more than willing to do whatever it takes to make you happy. But remember a little sugar goes a long way. working in customer service myself I'm more than willing to help someone out if they are decent to me.
on another note, I don't ever order clothes offline. You can get just as good as deals in store without having to pay shipping, and you can always try it on first.
AH I totally hate that! I never know my size even in the store let alone online!
I would complain...or at least I say I would, then I'd probably chicken out!
Post a Comment