My friend Tawny and I have decided that we wanted to save a little money on our groceries and build up our food storage in the process. I've been reading a lot of blogs about how other people are doing just that. I posted previously about one of those blogs. Another one is called the SYD Newsletter. You have to subscribe to it ($10 a month) but let me tell you....SO WORTH IT!!
The ladies that put the newsletter together are from Shelley. Basically, they take all the ads from the paper and tell you what the good deals are. Then they tell you which coupons to use to make it an even better deal! and to be honest, clipping coupons is kind of a pain. trying to organize them is even a bigger pain for me. But after my recent trip to Albertson's I've decided it was all worth it.
I spent $13 dollars and got 48 items!!! making them 27 cents each!!! or broken down by different items I got....
6 colgate toothbrushes for 63 cents each!!
5 packages of frozen veggies... FREE
4 other packages of frozen veggies for 20 cents each!
drinkable yogurts 4 for 1 dollar!
swanson broth for 44 cents each
2 packages of raisins for 1 dollar each
swissmiss cocoa for 70 cents each
and lots of other things!
bascially I had 27 dollars in coupons and 1 $10 off your next purchase coupon (from a previous sale!)
It was the best shopping trip so far. and it was sooo fun! Tawny and I had a blast doing it.
Saving money is the best feeling!
here is the link to the SYD newsletter.
http://stretchingyouridahodollars.blogspot.com/
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Saving some Moolah!
Posted by Mel at 9:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Dude, that is how I started. It took us 8 months to get a really really good 1 year supply of food and toiletries and we stayed on a budget with that in mind! Now I easily stay around $100 a month in total groceries (unless I find a slamming deal and stock up).
It is time consuming and a pain to coupon at times, but it is soooooo worth it once you "get it" and see all the deals! Go you!
I need to find someone here to find me some good deals!
Yeah, so its too bad that that site is for saving your "Idaho bucks" Good job though! I bet Ben loves all the money you are saving... he has always been frugal!
Way to go Mel! That's awesome how much money you saved! I need to do better with using coupons!
I have to say, that I wish I was that motivated. Maybe I can be someday, it just looks like so much work. I know it would be worth it, so maybe I'll give it a whirl...
Post a Comment