but....I had an enjoyable shopping experience at WALMART! Seriously, people, I have hated this store for a very long time. The parking lot is always packed, the lines are always way to long and really, I don't spend less shopping there. so as a general rule, I don't there. However, I needed some things that I knew would be cheaper there, so Ben and I and Quinn decided to check it out. It's right down the street from my apt. First of all, it's kind of excluded. It's at the end of the road with no other stores around. When we first pulled in, I knew something was different because seriuosly, there were tons of parking spaces open. It was kind of eerie. I was wondering if the store was going to be trashy. But... we walked in and everything looked really nice. Nicer than any Wal Mart I have ever been in. Ben and I just looked at each other and laughed. It was NOTHING like we've experienced before. We felt like we were the only other people in the store. We just wondered around for a while enjoying the uncrowdedness (word?) Let me say, that Ben HATES shopping. I had a hard time getting him to leave. He wanted to look at this and that, and kept saying because there weren't that many people here we might as well look. It was pretty funny. The other people there looked like decent people to. There wasn't hardly any "white trash" that you sometimes see in walmart. One nice older lady stopped to see Q. She had a cute austrian accent. She just kept talking and talking and started singing him songs, all the while ben and I just watch and think, "is she done yet?" She was kind of hard to understand, but then she started making fun of mormons. so we kindly excused ourselves.... and left. Ben was finally ready to go after that :) All in all, I think I won't have a problem shopping at walmart anymore. It wont' be my main store, but after last night, I think I will go back!
on a side note, Quinn has come in very handy for getting us out of awkward positions. If we are ready to go we usually say, quinn is tired, or needs to be fed or whatever. It has worked quite nicely many times. Has anyone else used their kids as an excuse to leave an awkward/boring situation?
Thursday, February 19, 2009
I never thought I would say this.....
Posted by Mel at 3:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Oh my! I hate walmart too! It's SOOO BAD! If I HAVE to go there, I dread it. And yes, kids are the PERFECT excuse for terrible or awkward situations, or just if you would rather not be somewhere!
I'm glad you made it to Denver safely and are settling in. I hope you guys like it there. That's one place I would consider settle down in one day.
I've actually started using Walmart for my grocery shopping. They have some called 'Neighborhood Markets' and they are just a grocery store, none of the other stuff. I actually like it better there then the Albertsons or Smiths right down the street!
WOW! Sounds like I need to move to Denver--I hate how crazy Walmart can be! Sounds like it was pretty relaxing for you guys! I'm glad you guys are liking your new place!
Mel seriously I am laughing out loud about your WalMart discourse! So funny and so easy to relate to. I am glad your new home has a Walmart that exceeds your expectations! I had a friend tell me that we are only 3.5 hours from Denver . . . (I don't know how they drive though!)
We use Micah as an excuse ALL the time! Like Stacy said on one of her blog sidelines, it's especially great to have them be noisy in the pharmacy line, or any other line for that matter... Things tend to move a LOT quicker!
Have fun with your quiet Walmart! I'm a little jealous, Walmart does get too crazy! Oh, but they accept home computer printed coupons, if they can be scanned!
YEP! Dave blamed his loud fart on Adam. So, moving is totally a crazy adventure and we have had a blast living away from everyone. You will make tight friends and make amazing memories. Enjoy it while it last!
Melanie, glad to have you in town..where do you live anyways? I am wondering what Walmart? I used to not go out of principal and the ones close to me are pretty ghetto. Walmart as a company has gotten a bit better, but now I'm just not in the habit. Anyways, hope to speak to you soon.
OF COURSE! Really the question is, Who hasn't used their kids to get out of situations?
Post a Comment