Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We made it!!!

After a long 10 hour drive, we made it to Denver! We split it up between 2 days for Quinn's sake. He did sooo good in the car! Ben's dad and brother in law Jason, drove the big truck for us and Ben and I were in the car. It was great having them along to help us unload and get settled. Mostly everything is in it's place, as much as possible, that is. We downsized in space and seriously upsized in price. It is ridiculous how much more things are here. (I'm hoping I can still get killer deals on grocery's!!) There are piles of boxes everywhere, but we aren't unpacking them. We are going to start looking for a house! I'm excited about that. I will post some pictures later, when I'm not stealing someone else's internet :)

Although it's hard to leave friends and family and be in a new place, I'm excited about the possiblities. About a mile or 2 from our apt is all the shopping you can think of! I'm not to worried about finding things. I could walk to almost anything, weather permitting. Which by the way, it is really nice here. It snowed the day we got here and then yesterday was 50+ degrees. It was beautiful.

I have a lot more things to tell everyone but it will have to wait. I just wanted you all to know we made it safe and sound!!

6 comments:

Brian and Lindsay said...

I'm glad you made it safely. You will be missed! Good luck house hunting.

crystal carlson said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were moving so quickly! I'm glad you guys made it safe! I'm excited to see pictures of where your living! Good luck with finding a house--how exciting!

Michelle said...

Yea Mel and Ben! We can't wait to come and see you . . .

Ashley said...

Ok, seriously, that was fast! I had no idea your plans were so quick! Good luck with everything. What a new and exciting time of your lives. Good thing for internet and blogging so all of your family and friends can keep up on that cute little Quinn. Can't believe he'll be a year soon!

Cindy said...

thanks for the update. i was wondering when the move would happen. good luck on the house search!

Tawny Crane said...

you'll have to keep us posted if it was a good idea to rent first, because we're debating either going in blind and buy a house or rent for a few months!