I tried this recipe the other day, and let me tell you...it was delicious!! It was seriously MOIST!!!
1 1/2 c. water
1 c. cottage cheese (Don't let this scare you. I'm pretty sure this is what made it soo moist!!)
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. butter
5-6 c. flour
1 c. wheat flour
2 T sugar
3 tsp salt
2 T yeast
1 egg
heat water, cottage cheese, honey, butter in sauce pan till very warm
combine mixture w/ 2 c. flour, wheat flour and next 4 ingredients. mix together
add enough remaining flour to make stiff dough
place dough in greased bowl. cover. let raise until doubled in size. Make into 2 loaves raise again.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. (I thought like this sounded like a long time, so I set my timer for 20 minutes and checked it. it was already done. I don't know if it's because of different altitudes or what, but I would watch it closely. I thought it might be doughy in the middle but it wasn't)
You can probably change up the ratio for white and wheat flour to whatever you want. If you use more wheat, you might want to add some gluten flour to it.
and for those who care....
Quinn had his 1 year check up yesterday.
Height: 30 1/4 inches - 72%
Weight: 23 lbs 3 oz- 55%
Head 46.8 cm - 73 %
The doctor said he was looking good!!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Farm House Honey-Wheat Bread
Posted by Mel at 1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment