This is the view from our little patio. When we first moved in we were excited because there would be grass for Quinn to play on.
Boy were we WRONG!!!
This is the community pooping area. EVERYONE has dogs. It' s ridiculous. I'm not kidding when I say everyone. and they all bring them here to poop! and they don't clean it up either even though there is one of those things with the green bags to put it in.
I have never liked dogs... in fact...I hate them. There is nothing good about having a dog. Moving here has only proved my point. (luckily ben feels the same way.)
It all started on my first day of kindergarten. I was waiting for the bus at the neighbors house in my brand new clothes. I was feeling good. Then their dog runs up to me and jumps on me scaring me to death and staining my new clothes. I was traumatized for life.
Flash forward to our apt in Pocatello and the people living upstairs get a dog. He barks loudly at everyone and poops right in our path to the door. and licks and sniffs, chews on everything and is just annoying.
Now, we see people out with their dogs all the time. They rule their lives. In the morning you can see respectable people in their pjs and slippers out with their dogs in the freezing weather, so they can go to the bathroom. and they have to come home on their lunch break to take them out again. And the ones that do clean up their poop....I've seen them do it, and it's disgusting. The have the little baggy thing and they put their hand in and scoop it up. I'm sorry but, a little plastic is not a good enough barrier. I'm sure you can still feel it. and smell it. (sorry if that was too graphic for ya)
One more thing....the hair.... Ben and I used to clean an apt that had cats....there was hair everywhere. Even the ones that were well groomed still shed soo much. It was awful. I don't know if dogs are the same way, but either way we won't be having either.
They say dogs are mans best friend, but seriously.... I don't think so....
Monday, March 23, 2009
Warning: Not for dog lovers!
Posted by Mel at 1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Not only are they annoying, but it took forever to get to your door because if you didn't latch the gate right the dog got out!
Well Mel, I just have to say that I think you're wrong... there are good things about having a dog. One, they warn you when people are around, I feel much safer when I lay my head down at night knowing that if someone were to try to break into my house my dog is gonna let me know. Also, she is like a little vacumn cleaner when the girls drop food, she cleans it up for me and food never goes to waste cause she will eat it! Oh and cleaning up dog poop is really no different than cleaning your babies butt! Dogs are good for lots of things, like police dogs who catch the criminals, service dogs that lead the blind, etc. Dogs are loyal companions who love you just for loving them. They never judge. I agree they can be annoying and a pain at times, but they provide more happiness than not. I have great memories of growing up with a dog. Gotta think about both sides!
Hey! Sorry about the whole "dog" situation, but we just wanted to say WE MISS YOU!! We are starting to get kind of bored in church without him! Hope you are having a fun time in Denver!!! The Calders
That is funny! Our neighbors (in a triplex) have a hound dog. They let it poop in the backyard and don't clean it up either. And, whenever they leave the house, they lock the dog inside and it howls. Its annoying, but we will have a dog of our own someday!
Post a Comment