Monday, April 6, 2009

Tradition!

Ben and I don't have a ton of our own family traditions, but we just started a new one! I randomly found a recipe for soft pretzels saturday morning and suggested we make them. Ben got soo excited...(something that doesn't happen a ton.) Turns out he always wants to buy one when we go to Target, but being his frugal self he always refrains. So, he was excited to try them out. We made them in between conference sessions. They took less than an hour start to finish, and they were very tasty!!! I think we will be doing this from now on during conference weekend!



Soft Pretzels
1 pkg yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 T sugar
1 T salt
4 c. flour
1 egg
Combine yeast, water, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in flour. Knead on a table until the dough is smooth. Shape dough into pretzel, heart, or animal shapes using water to "glue" two parts together. Place on greased cookie sheet. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with salt. Bake in a preheated oven at 425 for 15 minutes.

after they came out of the oven, I brushed them with butter and then sprinkled with salt or cinnamon sugar. I think you could also use garlic salt.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

crystal carlson said...

WOW! Those look really tasty! That's a really fun tradition! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Laura said...

YUM! I am totally trying this one out. THX!

Head Over Hills said...

mmmmmmmmm... I wonder if those keep very well. Isabell likes to take soft pretzels for lunch at school. I will have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Heidi Bitsch said...

That pretzel looks delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try that recipe.