Wednesday, July 23, 2008

117 BOXES....I'M CEREAL

Ben and I have a fettish.... a cereal fettish. It started with Ben when he was single. He would always have 10 or so boxes at his apt. I caught the fever after we were married. Now...we just can't stand missing out on a cereal sale. We don't just buy any box of cereal. Every box we have ever boughten has been for a dollar or less. We've gotten for as little as 50 cents a box on a really good sale with coupons! This week Smiths is having a Kelloggs sale (which never happens!). We bought 37 boxes! (we were running low...notice all the holes on our cereal shelf) Grand total is 117 boxes...this number is not counting the 15 or so we have in a box under the crib! We are kicking ourselves for not keeping track of how boxes we have gone through since we've been married. I might also mention that I have never seen Ben as happy as when we are cereal shopping. The best time was when Albertsons was having a sale and we ended up getting 27 boxes of cereal and 4 cans of spaghettios for $23! He was like a little kid at Christmas time!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Alan said...

I'm so proud!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel, I read your blog every once in a while. I just love your cereal collection! Way to go on so many! :)

Cindy said...

you are hilarious. what a great collection and yummy too!

Kate Call said...

ahh!! mel its so good to hear from you! thanks so much for leaving a comment friend! and i totally remember this fetish about ben and the cereal.. and i love that you have joined in! if i didn't know you two better i would say you were both insane by looking at this picture.. but you both are hilarious.. i love it! so excited to keep in touch!!!!! tell ben hi for me!

KT said...

Mwah ha ha! I have you beat! I have over 150 boxes of cereal!
btw, tomorrow at Albies you can get cereal for $.19- $.67 a box if you have the coupons...

Montay said...

Found your Blog from Zack and Holly and canI tell you I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Smiths Cereal sale I thought I went a little overboard with my 35 boxes but 117 WOWEEE !!

The Boehme Family said...

At least you have something edible to collect! I think it is fantastic!

doug said...

Erin has often mentioned the wall of cereal, It's great to see it for the first time!